BUS110 (Sections 1 - 5) Spring '11 Dr. Westin
How To Set/Check Registration for a Pre-Test
Registration for a pre-test is carried out through your SimNet account
(available only until noon of the day prior to the pre-test). If you do not
wish to take a particular pre-test, then you need not take any action. There
is no need to register for any post-test.
WARNING: Opening, but not completing a registration item may result in a final status of Not Registered ! Always check your SinNet Gradebook after opening any registration item.
It is the student's responsibility to verify that the process was done correctly (see steps
below). Students will be held to the status of their registration (as shown in their SimNet Gradebook) at
the time of each test date.
Registering or Unregistering:
To register for a test date, or to undo a previous registration, take
the following steps (
= critical step):
- Login to your SimNet account, maximize the window, and select the Exams panel of the main Assignments tab. Make sure that BUS110 is selected in the Selected Class list.
- Click the appropriate Pre-Test Registration item in the list of exams to select the item and click the Take Exam button.
- Follow the instructions to open and begin the exam.
- Click where indicated to display the True/False statement for evaluation. Press the OK button if asked to navigate away.
- Read the statement, close the statement window, and select your response (True to register for this pre-test). Follow the onscreen directions to submit your response.
- Press the End Exam button when prompted.
Verify your choice on the resulting Test Bank Exam Results screen (100% is required for registration 0% is required to officially unregister)
- You should use the Print button to make a copy for your records. This can provide proof in the case of a disagreement.
- Click the Close button to return to your SimNet account screen.
- You should verify the status of your registration activity as described below.
Checking Registration Status:
You may check the final status of any prior registration activity at any time as
- Login to your SimNet account if needed and maximize the window.
- Select the main Gradebook tab. Make sure that BUS110 is selected in the Selected Class list.
- Select the Gradebook panel (leftmost panel under the Selected Class list.) of the main Gradebook tab.
- Locate the Pre-Test Registration item (for that topic) in the Assignment column and refer to the Grade column for that item. Interpret this value as follows:
- Registered indicates that you are officially registered for the pre-test.
- Not Registered indicates that you are officially unregistered for the pre-test (this is the default value).
- Delayed indicates that the Pre-Test Registration item for the topic has not yet become available for your course.
- Click the arrow symbol in the leftmost column to show your registration history for the item.
- The Last Attempt date is irrelevant until you have opened the item at least once.
- Opening, but not completing a registration item may result in a final status of Not Registered !
If you have any questions about your registration status after following the above steps, you should
email Dr. Wes (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior
to the exam day.
Be sure to heed the warning (above)!